Monday 17 February 2014

Pushing 50: For One More Day



"But ask yourself this: have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time you thought they would  be here forever?' ~Mitch Albom, For One More Day.

'I hope you never hear those words. Your mom. She died. They are different than other words. They belong to some strange, heavy, powerful language that pounds away at the side of your head, a wrecking ball coming at you again and again, until finally, the words crack a hole, large enough to fit inside your brain. And in doing so, they split you apart.' ~Mitch Albom, For One More Day.


If i were to read this book 20 years ago, it might have been just another good book. Interesting but still just another good book.

However, reading it at 47, as a daughter to my late mum, a mother to my kids and a grandmother to my grandchildren, this heartrending book leaves me pensively mournful.

And i miss my mom, more than ever...



Rest in peace mummy.
I love you.
Al-Fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment