Tuesday 16 October 2012

Pushing 50: Getting Started.

'It's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.' I found this while browsing the net. It was in 'Life begins at 50' on the search browser and guess what...under JOKE category. Well, not quite what you may call a joke. Even at the age of 46, memory fails me and most embarrassingly at the most inappropriate times.

"Hey...fancy meeting you here. How are you?" A stranger came out of nowhere and shook my hand vigorously.

"Yeah...what a surprise! I'm good, thank you. And you?" Gulp! Who is this? Of course it was just me asking my forgetful-self.

"I'm doing okay. That karaoke session was fun, wasn't it? Anyway you remember that woman with the stunning voice that night? Well, she passed on two months ago. It was cancer or something," said the stranger, looking deep into my eyes.

"Oh dear, sad to know." Yeah, sad to know because i couldn't recall the fun karaoke night nor the woman with the stunning voice. Well perhaps this person got me mixed-up with someone else. But let's just play along and save face. The stranger went on talking but my head was doing the Amazing Race trying to get clues that might  lead me to this mysterious stranger. No, brain was not doing a good job.

"By the way,how are your grandchildren? The youngest...what's his name? Aishi? Asyi? Aisy? Yaaa..that's it, Aisy!"

Oops! This is definitely not a case of mistaken identity. She got my Snowball's name spot on! But who the hell is this woman? Come on Mr. Brain...give me something. Anything!

And then my friend who had gone to the Ladies appeared and said, "Oh i see you met a friend." She extended her hand towards the stranger and while looking at me she asked, "Who's your friend here?" ...DAMN.

In a way, this blog is my 'STARTER KIT' towards the BIG five zero. Whenever my lazy brain refuses to get an info that i need, i can just log in here and hey presto! Years from now i have this massive collections of my brain's heyday. The prove that once my brain was functioning well and can be relied on. BUT... first, let's make certain that i will not forget the password. *thehehe*





No comments:

Post a Comment